For the most serious situations, use
The 911 Report Tool
To use: doubleclick on the person's face, and choose "report" from the menu.
Use this like you'd use 911 in real life.
Use this tool when someone is a danger to you or to others in our community. Someone who threatens the safety of our city must be reported right away! It's your way of protecting Whyville against real-life stalkers and password thieves.
City Workers will check the chat logs and investigate this case immediately. Perpetrators of wrongdoing will be punished swiftly and soundly, but if the report is frivolous or false, the reporter will be penalized..
Use this tool when:
- someone is asking for personal information like passwords, phone numbers or home addresses.
- someone asking to meet outside of Whyville, in real life
- you believe someone is really an adult pretending to be a kid
- someone using EXTREMELY lewd, offensive language that makes Whyvillians feel scared, worried, or threatened.
Do NOT use this tool to:
- punish someone for swearing or cursing a few times
- win an argument
- get back at an enemy
- punish someone for saying something mean like "You're ugly."
- report projectile fights
Check out your other tools, like silence or vaporize for these purposes instead.
People asking for passwords should also be reported. Even if they mean well, they are encouraging citizens to believe that giving out your password is safe, and it is NOT.
You can only have one pending report at a time. Once you've filed a report, you won't be able to file another one until City Hall has reviewed the first one.
So, use your best judgement when using this tool! Think about it like you are dialing 911. If people flood the emergency line, the system will break down! It's for real emergencies only. You may lose chat privileges for 1 week for abusing this tool. If you are not sure, email City Management to make sure!
Back to Top
Back to Previous Page